An experienced Insolvency Manager (or Assistant Manager or Senior Manager) with experience of both advisory and formal insolvency assignments is required by our global business advisory client based at their office in Birmingham. Our client is willing to consider applications from assistant managers, managers and senior managers provided that you have the requisite skills in advisory and formal insolvency. For the purposes of this role, "advisory" includes IBR and viability reviews.
Our client is a leading business advisory practice with offices across the UK and internationally. As well as advisory, restructuring and insolvency, our client also provides a wide range of services in a wide number of industries, including audit & assurance, consulting, legal services and taxation services.
To profitably manage a portfolio of corporate cases, ensuring both excellent client service and making a significant contribution towards the overall future development and success of the office and firm.
To be able to execute advisory assignments. This will require an individual with very good quality analytical and report writing abilities as well as strong interpersonal skills.
The primary focus of the role is based in the Midlands market, however, our client operates a national advisory practice so the successful candidate will be required to travel anywhere in the UK to undertake advisory assignments. The role will involve attending marketing events and working with the Partners to help them with their marketing and business objectives.
- To manage a portfolio of corporate cases in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and relevant compliance.
- To plan advisory assignments in accordance with the Firm’s standard procedures and relevant statutory and extra statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client, company, or appointer, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- To brief Midlands based staff on the client’s business and the pre assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where appropriate.
- To communicate any problems in complying with those instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the partner.
- To be part of National IBR/Advisory team with responsibility for assignments and responsibility for mentoring and training more junior members of staff wishing to get involved in IBR/advisory work.
- To ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment partner and client or appointer immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns, or significant changes in likely outcome.
- To liaise with the creditors, directors and other interested parties throughout the appointment/assignment and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services, and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To perform the firm’s senior staff review procedures, ensuring that all points raised are adequately and promptly actioned.
- To monitor assignments to establish and achieve the earliest and most efficient completion of the appointment.
- To closely monitor the profitability and recoverability of work in progress and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and to fulfil the Institute’s CPD
- To assist in recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
- To proactively develop an internal and external business network with their peers
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
Candidates will be ACCA/ACA qualified and experienced in Restructuring/Advisory/Insolvency sector. JIEB qualified is preferable
- Experience of performing and managing advisory assignments.
- Previous experience operating at a similar level in a similar role is required.
- Proven experience in client handling.
- Proven experience of people and case management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- You will need to be able to demonstrate a strong commercial outlook.
- Network of professional contacts and proven track record of winning work
- Has an understanding of all our client's service offerings and identifies cross-selling opportunities.
- Builds and sustains relationships with senior client staff and is efficient in dealing with the client queries both professionally and promptly.
- Identifies areas of risk and takes action to address these.
- Raises own profile and our client's profile through networking at business and client events. Initiates and develops business contacts.
- Acts in accordance with legal, regulatory and internal risk management requirements.
- Prepares client proposals, liaises with marketing, acting on feedback.
- An active and supportive member of the management team.
- Addresses and manages junior staff issues timely and effectively.
- Supports the recruitment and selection of trainees, seniors and assistant managers.
- Provides constructive feedback and sets realistic objectives. Manages the performance of others through the annual performance review process
- Prepared to invest time in developing skills of more junior members of the team.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
A very competitive salary package is negotiable for this role subject to experience and qualifications