Sports Management/Turnaround IP North From £70k Subject to experience
An experienced Corporate Recovery and Insolvency Practitioner or Senior Manager is required by our North of England based business advisory and insolvency practice to assist developing a new initiative directed at sports clubs and businesses. The successful candidate will be required to undertake formal insolvency cases in other sectors as well. A knowledge of the working of businesses in a sporting environment and experience of advising in turnaround situations as well as formal insolvency is an advantage.
Do you have this unique set of skills to help set up this specialist part of the practice?
Our client is an established, growing and progressive business advisory practice based in the North of England. With an excellent reputation in providing services to businesses and individuals throughout the region and further afield, our client is keen to establish a specialist sports management and turnaround division alongside the current business recovery and insolvency practice.
Experience and Skills
The role is suited to a JIEB qualified senior manager/director , ideally with an accounting background
- Demonstrable competence undertaking business reviews (experience of IBRs and Viability Reviews will be an advantage)
- An ability to prepare and review cash flow and profit forecasts
- Able to analyse and interpret management and financial accounts
- Experience of managing sports businesses in a distressed situation preferrable
- Good understanding of business generally and able to give advice to clients
- Be driven by a desire to turnaround businesses unless insolvency is inevitable
- Trading assignment experience at senior level
- Excellent networking skills
- Willingness to "do" as well as "help secure new opportunities"
- JIEB Preferred
- ACA/ACCA Preferred
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent insolvency technical skills
- Good understanding of corporate and personal insolvency
- An ability to manage a workload across a variety of industries
- Good all rounder
- Minimum of 8 years insolvency experience
- Experience of managing a portfolio of insolvency cases
- Experience of controlling billings and WIP
- Good communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Skills to develop a small team
An excellent salary package is negotiable for this role, subject to experience and skills that the candidate is able to bring to the role. As an indication, a senior manager with modest relevant experience can expect a salary starting at c£50k pa with a potentially higher salary for more experienced, qualified or more senior candidates. An appointment taking IP can expect c£70k up plus bonus/profit share
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities then please contact us in the strictest confidence quoting the job reference/title