Are you ACA/ACCA or equivalent? Recently qualified? With corporate insolvency or restructuring experience?
Our global business advisory client is recruiting a switched on, ambitious, commercial, recently qualified accountant with insolvency and/or restructuring experience, to join its restructuring team in London, to focus on contingency and insolvency planning.
This is fantastic, rare opportunity in a varied and challenging high speed environment.
The successful candidate is likely to have gained experience working for a top 10 practice, or boutique restructuring practice, or an accountancy firm with a strong insolvency practice.
Our client is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations
navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges.
Their expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring,
Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic
Communications and Technology.
Our clients' professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and
advise across a range of industries. Our client is instructed by high-stakes
concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over
the past two decades they have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some
of the biggest news stories to date.
This role is within
our clients restructuring team, with a focus on contingency planning and
- Insolvency projects
span the full range of corporate appointment types, although experience in all types
is not essential.
- A significant
proportion of contingency planning work is undertaken as part of a wider
project, typically in conjunction with colleagues who are providing
restructuring advice to lenders and / or delivering an independent business
- Our clients practice generally
focuses on complex cases; they are not a volume insolvency practice.
- Insolvency Projects:
on new appointments – work to include statutory, compliance and commercial
aspects which will vary according to the requirements of each project.
progression – including statutory, compliance, dividends, reporting, employee
matters, and asset realisation.
aspects of insolvency cases – IPS cash book / trial balance, fee budgets,
estimated outcome statements, trading cash flows, trading P&L’s – actual
- Contingency Planning Projects:
- Reviewing group structure, intercompany and security / guarantee structure.
- Undertaking commercial diligence / liaising with the Debtor to understand its business.
- Contributing to consideration of the appropriate appointment strategy or contingency planning scenarios.
- Preparing or assisting in preparation of estimated outcome statements / entity priority models.
- Assist in the development and management of the business through:
- Contributing to updates of insolvency technical knowledge / procedures.
- Assisting with insolvency practice management.
- Research and pitch preparation.
- Attendance at client relationship building events.
- Coaching and development of more junior team members.
- Sharing best practice experience with team.
Education and Qualifications
Skills and Competencies
- ACA, ACCA or equivalent (1st time passes)
- An enthusiasm to learn and a clear vision for their
career in insolvency / contingency planning.
- An active interest in the insolvency / restructuring
market and awareness of high profile cases in the market / media.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact
with team members and clients at all levels.
- Working in small teams, candidates should have
excellent teaming skills, be flexible in approach and able to handle multiple
- Logical, and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Highly numerate with the ability to absorb a high
quantum of information
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and
confident in dealing with a range of stakeholders.
- Professional and proactive approach.
- Computer literate with strong Excel and PowerPoint
- Newly qualified with up to 18 months post
- Previous experience working within a ‘big 4’,
restructuring boutique or an accounting firm with a strong insolvency practice.
insolvency experience required, and contingency planning experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the Insolvency Act / Rules and SIPs,
and appreciate the importance of compliance.
- Experience in dealing with a range of commercial,
compliance and statutory aspects of insolvency projects.
- Ideally, some awareness of the main tax / VAT
considerations in insolvency or contingency planning projects.
An excellent salary package in the region of
with a discretionary bonus circa 10-25% of base salary.
If you are interested in the above opportunity then please contact us in the strictest confidence quoting the job reference/title