Our independent client is looking to recruit an experienced Insolvency Cashier (or Legal Cashier seeking a new challenge) to join their growing Corporate Recovery and Insolvency Division at their Surrey office. An excellent salary up to £35k pa plus generous benefits is available depending on experience.
Our Client is a well established, independent firm of accountants and insolvency practitioners based in Surrey. The Corporate Recovery and Insolvency Division is one of the largest independent teams in the country. As licensed Insolvency Practitioners, this organisation promotes a rescue culture and encourages those facing difficulties to seek early advice. Their Insolvency Team comprises a mixture of qualified and non-qualified professionals.
This is a new role requiring an experienced Cashier to manage the cashiering function of each Insolvency case, covering a sizeable portfolio of mostly corporate cases with a few personal appointments.
The main purpose of this role is for you to take responsibility for all cash accounting for the recovery department. The role will require you to work on a range of tasks that shall include:
- Bank reconciliations;
- Opening and closing of associated bank accounts;
- Payment of funds via CHAPS's, BAC's and cheques;
- Payments and deposit account transactions (multi-currency);
- Banking of cheques and posting them on IPS;
- Maintaining petty cash control procedures;
- Completion of VAT returns (100, 426 forms etc.);
- Correspondence with banks and debtors;
- AML documentation checks;
- Maintaining client cash books on IPS;
- Reporting to the department Directors and Partners on a monthly basis.
- Previous experience of insolvency cashiering or as a legal cashier, dealing mainly with corporate cases
- An attention to detail
- Total professionalism and completely trustworthy
- Requisite DBS checks
have a good understand of relevant Microsoft Office software & a working knowledge of IPS
- Excellent time management skills
- An ability to work to strict deadlines in a pressure and fast moving environment
- To be professional and approachable
with clients and staff and work well as part of a team
to use own initiative when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
An excellent salary of up to £35k dependent upon experience and qualifications that the candidate can bring to the firm.
37.5 hours per week with lunchtime finish on Fridays, 23 days holiday increasing to 25 days after 1 year (+ bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, free roadside parking, employee assistance programme.
All offers subject to 5 years of references which are deemed satisfactory to our client, evidence of the right to work in the UK and a clear standard DBS check.
If you are interested in the above opportunity then please contact us in the strictest confidence quoting the job reference/title